“From the Classroom”
College Professor / Police Academy Instructor
Ray Hill is a retired Police Lieutenant and Professor Emeritus at Santa Rosa Junior College. He has taught Laws of Evidence, Laws of Arrest and Search & Seizure in the POST Basic Academy and Advanced Officer Training – Legal Update for North Bay officers for 45 years. He is the author of the California Criminal Evidence Guide: A Handbook for the Criminal Justice Student, a textbook adopted in community college Administration of Justice courses statewide since 1988.
Ray has also served as a Firefighter/EMT with the Bodega Bay Fire Protection District for 18-years. He currently work as an Administrative Support Volunteer with the Sonoma County Fire District.
Ray enjoys time with his chocolate Labradors (Sally and Mags), working on his family’s 110-year-old ranch in Marin County, steelhead / chinook fishing on Oregon Rivers, and watching Mountain West Conference and Pac-12 Conference college football games. Professional Members can contact Ray directly by signing in and clicking on his contact information.
- A.S. Police Science
- B.S. Administration of Justice
- M.P.A. Public Administration
- Professor Emeritus – Santa Rosa Junior College
- Police Academy Instructor – Santa Rosa Training Center
- Bodega Bay Fire Protection District - Firefighter/EMT (Ret).
- Police Lieutenant, Novato Police Department (Ret.)
- P.O.S.T. Law Enforcement Certificate